QUITTING DRINKING DOESN’T HAVE TO BE LONELY.
Finding friends who are on the same sobriety journey as you can be hard.
But we’re here to help!
In this episode my sober bestie, Ingrid Miller, and I will talk about why finding support from people who have been where you are now and who are going through what you’re going through, in this “quitting drinking thing” is so important to your success.
No matter how much your friends and family love you and support you – they don’t know how you feel in this process.
My guest in this episode is Ingrid. She’s a friend I met 4+ years ago when I was first quitting drinking, the owner of the cutest book store in Seahurst Washington and an all around badass of a human being. I met Ingrid in a secret Facebook group at the beginning of my sober journey, 4 years ago.
Together we discuss how we met and the challenges we faced when trying to find a community of women who were going through or had been through the same things we were experiencing on our sobriety journey.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to find the support you need – including a number of our favorite online and in person sober groups for busy women quitting drinking.
- How to get over the fears you have about joining sober groups.
- Why finding your people in sobriety makes the process of quitting drinking and creating a life you love without alcohol so much easier (and more fun).
- Why your spouse, partner, mom or best friend might not be the best person to hold your hand through this process.
- How you might feel in your first 90 days and why you need women who have “been there and done that” to get you through to the good stuff.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Find My Favorite Sober Facebook Groups [The BFB “Booze Free Brigade” and She Recovers Together]
- Get the guide on how to find and join these groups: https://hellosomedaycoaching.com/sober-facebook-groups/
Connect with Ingrid Miller
- Read about Ingrid Miller’s first 30 days: My quit drinking timeline: 0-30 days.
Connect with Casey McGuire Davidson
- The Free Sober Girl’s Guide to Quitting Drinking – 30 Tips For your First 30 Days
ABOUT THE HELLO SOMEDAY PODCAST
The Hello Someday Podcast helps busy and successful women build a life they love without alcohol. Host Casey McGuire Davidson, a certified life coach and creator of The Sober Girl’s Guide to Quitting Drinking, brings together her experience of quitting drinking while navigating work and motherhood, along with the voices of experts in personal development, self-care, addiction and recovery and self-improvement.
Whether you know you want to stop drinking and live an alcohol free life, are sober curious, or are in recovery this podcast is for you.
In each episode Casey will share the tried and true secrets of how to drink less and live more.
Learn how to let go of alcohol as a coping mechanism, how to shift your mindset about sobriety and change your drinking habits, how to create healthy routines to cope with anxiety, people pleasing and perfectionism, the importance of self-care in early sobriety, and why you don’t need to be an alcoholic to live an alcohol free life.
Be sure to grab the FREE SOBER GIRL’S GUIDE TO QUITTING DRINKING right here.
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode.
I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!