the best quit lit Books for women who are ready to drink less + Live more
There’s a whole genre of books that you might not ever hear about. If you’re not a woman who has a complicated relationship with alcohol. It’s called “Quit Lit”, books about drinking, quitting drinking, getting sober and life without alcohol.
There are novels and memoirs, essays, fiction, and how to guides. They are deep and soulful, entertaining and honest, eye opening, hysterically funny, raw and hopeful. Quit lit books were a lifeline to me in early sobriety.
In this episode, I want to share not only my favorites but the voices of other women and the books that have inspired them and helped them along the path of re-evaluating their relationship with alcohol.
If you’re constantly surrounded by messages that drinking is important and glamorous, sophisticated and fun, these books will be a lifeline.
They’ll give you a glimpse into what your life could look like without alcohol.
These voices, of women who have been where you are, will remind you that you’re not alone.
They’ll whisper to you when you are worried about your drinking. They won’t let you bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that how you’re feeling was no big deal.
They’ll give you hope that life will be better without alcohol.
This episode is about the best quit lit for women.
To get the full guide of the best quit lit for women go to www.hellosomedaycoaching.com/quit-lit
Enter your email address and the guide will be sent right to your inbox.
Books and Resources mentioned in this episode
- Drinking a Love Story by Caroline Knapp
- Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life by Glennon Doyle
- Tired of Thinking About Drinking: Take My 100-Day Sober Challenge by Belle Robertson
- The Sober Diaries: How One Woman Stopped Drinking and Started Living by Clare Pooley
- We are the Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of Sober Life by Laura McKowen
- The Naked Mind: Control Alcohol, Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life by Annie Grace
- The Sober Lush: A Hedonist’s Guide to Living a Decadent, Adventurous, Soulful Life–Alcohol Free by Jardine Libaire + Amanda Eyre Ward
- Blackout by Sarah Hepola
- Quit Like A Woman by Holly Whitaker
- Girl Walks Out of A Bar by Lisa Smith
- The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober by Catherine Gray
- Mrs. D is Going Without by Lotta Dann
- Sober Stick Figures by Amber Tozer
- Nothing Good Can Come of This by Kristi Coulter
- Idiot by Laura Clery
- Drink by Ann Dowsett Johnston
- The Little Book of Big Change by Amy Johnson
- My Fair Junkie by Amy Dresner
- This is How by Augusten Burroughs
- High Achiever by Tiffany Jenkins
- The Ember Ever There and The Unpickled Holiday Survival by Jean McCarthy
- Almost Alcoholic by Joseph Nowinski Ph.D
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- 12 Steps and 12 Traditions by Bill Wilson
- Waking Tiger by Peter Levine
- The Good House by Anne Leary
- Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
- Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
- Highlight Real by Emily Paulson
- The Year of No-Nonsense by Meredith Atwood
- Lit by Mary Karr
- Bottled: Mom’s guide to early recovery + How to be the Perfect Like Me by Dana Bowman
- Between Breaths: A memoir of panic and addiction by Elizabeth Vargas
- Sober Curious by Ruby Warrington
- Dry by Augusten Burroughs
- A Happier Hour by Rebecca Weller
- Quitter: A Memoir of Drinking, Relapse, and Recovery by Erica C. Barnett
- The Recovering by Leslie Jamison
- Kick the Drink Easily by Jason Vale
- Alcohol Explained by William Porter
- Easy Way for Women to Quit Drinking by Allen Carr
- Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
- Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous by Bill Wilson
- The Women’s Way Through The Twelve Steps by Stephanie S. Covington
Connect with Casey McGuire Davidson
Listen to more podcast episodes to drink less + live more.
ABOUT THE HELLO SOMEDAY PODCAST
The Hello Someday Podcast helps busy and successful women build a life they love without alcohol. Host Casey McGuire Davidson, a certified life coach and creator of The Sober Girl’s Guide to Quitting Drinking, brings together her experience of quitting drinking while navigating work and motherhood, along with the voices of experts in personal development, self-care, addiction and recovery and self-improvement.
Whether you know you want to stop drinking and live an alcohol free life, are sober curious, or are in recovery this podcast is for you.
In each episode Casey will share the tried and true secrets of how to drink less and live more.
Learn how to let go of alcohol as a coping mechanism, how to shift your mindset about sobriety and change your drinking habits, how to create healthy routines to cope with anxiety, people pleasing and perfectionism, the importance of self-care in early sobriety, and why you don’t need to be an alcoholic to live an alcohol free life.
Be sure to grab the Free Sober Girl’s Guide To Quitting Drinking right here.
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode.
I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!